Palo Alto Networks - Proactive Alert
Posted: Sun 26/04/2015
Palo Alto have informed Teneo this weekend that certain PA-200's that meet a specific criteria may go into a reboot loop once rebooted.
Upon reboot, certain PA-200 devices may enter into maintenance mode or a reboot loop state.
Potentially Affected Devices Devices that meet ALL of the following criteria have the potential to exhibit this problem if the device is rebooted:
- Serial number is between 001606034669 and 001606038278 (shipped between February 8 and April 8, 2015)
- PAN-OS software version is less than 6.1.0
- PAN-OS software has not been upgraded or re-installed at least twice
If you have a potentially affected device that is operating normally, we recommend that you perform the following steps to reduce the chance of any issues:
1. Reinstall the current software by clicking Reinstall on the Software page or executing request system software install CLI command
2. Reboot the firewall executing CLI command request restart system
3. Reinstall a second time using the same method
4. Reboot the firewall again After these steps are completed, the system will not be susceptible to the incorrect reboot loop issue.
If you encounter an issue If the device is in a reboot loop or boots into maintenance mode upon boot, please contact Teneo technical support at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Teneo on the support number for further assistance in order to recover the device.
During the support process, a console connection to the device will be required.
Keep up to date with the latest news
We will be keeping up to date with all the latest information and updates, so please get in touch with any questions or concerns at email@example.com
To keep up to date with what we know, follow us on Twitter